Shun Premier Santoku Knife 7"
AN ASIAN-STYLE DO-IT-ALL KNIFE
The Shun Premier 7-in. Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired chef's knife. "Santoku" means "three virtues." Depending on who you ask, this relates either to the three types of food with which it works exceptionally well—vegetables, proteins, and fruit—or to the three types of cuts at which it excels: slicing, dicing, and chopping. In truth, a santoku is a knife of many talents. Some cooks prefer a santoku to a chef’s knife. Your choice depends on how the knife feels in your hand and how it works for you. We think you’ll find that the Shun Premier 7-in. Santoku works beautifully and fits your hand like a glove. The slight belly curve enables the cook to rock the blade slightly and makes this santoku as easy to use as a chef's knife. It is especially well suited to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut) and many cooks swear by their santoku for top performance.
The Shun Premier Santoku is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
- 7-Inch santoku knife (also meaning 'three virtues') used for slicing, dicing and mincing
- Features layered Damascus steel with a striking, hand-hammered finish (known as 'Tsuchime' in Japanese)
- Hand-hammered finish reduces drag when cutting, keeping foods from sticking to the knife blade
- Premium pakkawood handle nestles comfortably into the curves of the palm and allows for a variety of comfortable and secure grips
- Dishwasher safe; hand washing and air drying recommended; limited lifetime warranty